Director: Daniel Judge
Writers: Davis Coombe and Daniel Judge
With: Evel Knievel, Johnny Knoxville, George Hamilton
IMDb Logline: The real story behind the myth of American icon Robert ‘Evel’ Knievel and his legacy.
- Definite must for Evel Knievel fans
- Never before seen footage from the Snake River Canyon Jump
- ABC Wide World of Sports sportscaster interviews
- 70s setting, 70s characters, 70s fashions, and only in the 70s stories
- Evel Knievel stunt cycle toy
- Not enough information from the wilderness years after Evel’s fall from grace and before his redemption
Review: Though not groundbreaking in terms of documentary style, Being Evel more than delivers on letting you know who Robert “Evel” Knievel was and his importance on American culture. You don’t have to be a fan of the man or the times to appreciate the story being told. What you walk away with is an appreciation for a driven and ultimately flawed man, who initially created and then became a prisoner of a persona that he could–in the end–not live up to.
Rating = A-